Call Us: 562-438-7999

Fax: 562-438-7997

Latest News


Why was this type of license created?  This license became available, so people and businesses can demolish any residential or commercial structure under four stories tall. If a four-story or taller structure is in the project, the license holder must hold a valid certified general contractor license. For a more technical definition, “this license has been added so that individuals and businesses who work solely with the execution of contracts requiring the experience, financial means, knowledge, and skill to demolish, if not prohibited by law, steel tanks 50 feet or less in height; towers 50 feet or less in height; other structures 50 feet or less in height, other than buildings or residences over three stories tall; and buildings or residences three stories or less in height. Nothing in this rule shall be deemed to restrict or limit in any manner the scope of work authorized by law of other contractor classifications.”

To get a demolition specialty contractor license, you need to pass the state certification exam, and you must get your license within four years of getting your exam score. Also, for this license, you need to have four years of experience or a combination of college credits and experience. All demolition specialty contractor license candidates go through a background check that includes fingerprinting.

For this type of license, you need public liability and property damage insurance. You also need to obtain workers compensation insurance within 30 days of getting your license.

Want a demolition specialty contractor’s license? We can help you. We know all the requirements necessary for you to obtain this type of license as we are a contractor licensing company. We will let you know if you’re missing anything. We will let you know about all deadlines and fees. We have helped thousands of contractors in Florida and in other states get their contractor license.

California requires a license for projects whose costs exceed $500; however, there are many license classifications for the different types of work.

For demolition and building moving, a C21 license is required, but there are different licenses required for asbestos abatement, swimming pool demolition, electrical work, concrete work, and more.

To get a C-21 license in California, you must prove a minimum of 4 years of journeyman level experience and pass a two-part state exam with the Contractor State License Board.

To qualify for an exam date you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Have a valid Driver’s License or USA Issued Identification
  • Have a Social Security or ITIN #
  • Not Currently be on probation or parole

Journeyman level experience means that you have worked unsupervised full time for a demolition company, or contractor that holds the C-21 License.

A journeyman can perform all of the duties associated with his or her trade.

The CSLB will want to see four full-time years over the last ten years. The years do not need to be consecutive, but they do need to be four years in total.

We are ECG, we are safety first.

This field definitely needs some expert hands and skill. So, have you decided on what type of project you need? Make sure you research on this for a while before coming up with a decision.

We pride ourselves in providing Demolition, Abatement and Environmental Services you can depend on. (Concrete cutting, coring, green demolition, disinfection and sterilization cleaning services, asbestos abatement and more)

Contact us to get started on your next project, Call us: 562-438-7999.